вторник, 15 августа 2017 г.

DIY Independence Day America Sign landeelu com

DIY Independence Day America Sign - landeelu.com

Make this fun Independence Day sign to add some 4th of July spirit into your home!

DIY Independence Day America Sign


If you’d like to make an AMERICA sign for yourself (or a sign like this that says anything you want!), this is what you’ll need:


  • a board long enough to accommodate the word you want to spell out.
  • wood letters to spell out your word (I found these at Hobby Lobby)
  • 1″x2″ boards (enough to go around your sign)
  • craft paint
  • painters tape
  • wood glue
  • brad nailer (optional)
  • saw

First, make sure your letters fit on your board and cut the 1×2 boards to the correct lengths to go around your entire sign.


Then, decide what you want painted what colors and paint! I painted my long board navy blue and my 1×2 frame boards white. I also painted my letters white (for now).


Make this fun Independence Day sign to add some 4th of July spirit into your home!

I then allowed everything to dry and used wood glue to glue my letters down where I wanted them. I glued them now because I wanted to create stripes across all of my letters and I needed the stripes to line up perfectly. Had I tried to do this without gluing them down first there is no way I could have gotten those stripes to line up!


To make the stripes, I used painters tape across my entire word and then painted the stripes red. I did a few light coats to try and minimize bleeding under the tape. Then I removed the tape and was super happy with my stripes!


Lastly, I attached my frame pieces using wood glue. I also used my brad nailer to secure my frame but I don’t think it’s completely necessary. Even a couple of nails hammered in would be great to really make sure it holds.


Make this fun Independence Day sign to add some 4th of July spirit into your home!

Then put it up on display and enjoy your patriotism!


Here are some other Independence Day projects you might like as well! Click on the image to take you to the full post!


Original article and pictures take http://www.landeeseelandeedo
.com/2016/06/diy-independence-day-america-sign.html site


>

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий