суббота, 5 мая 2018 г.

My One Board ChallengeTwisty Table

My One Board Challenge-Twisty Table


I placed the board in the jig as shown and pocket hole screwed it to the jig so that it wouldn’t move while I ran it through the saw. If you don’t already own a Kreg Jig for pocket holes, I highly recommend getting one. They are SUPER handy and it’s probably my most used tool in the shop. (PS don’t forget the screws)



I tilted my saw blade to a 45 degree angle and lined my board up so that the blade would cut right at the top corner as shown in the pic below.



I ran the board through the saw using the jig. Ignore the mess in my shop. I have a nice wood rack to hold all my wood….but I have a MASSIVE pile of random scraps on the floor with no place to go. I hate throwing away scraps…but let’s be honest, I will probably never find a use for 60% of what is there…I’m a scrap wood hoarder. Forgive the fact I am not wearing safety glasses…regular glasses count, too, right? Haha, no, no, they don’t. Do as I say and not as I do, kids.



Once that is cut, I had two triangle shaped boards. The board that is attached to the jig is the good one, so I set it aside. Then I ran the other triangle and the other board through the same way.


You end up having four triangles that look like the ones below.


I took two triangles and fit them together like the picture shows below. I put some glue on the edge of one and then I….wait for it…..NAILED IT! HAHA…get it, nailed it? No, really, I put a few nails in it with my nail gun. I’ve been waiting for a while to find a good spot to be able to say that I “nailed it.” You know, like “I totally nailed it with this project”? Ha…funny, right? No? Okay, moving on…


I did this with all four triangles, so I had two “legs” that looked like this:


It took me forever messing with these angles to finally figure out it was really this easy.

I placed the board on my miter saw as shown. I did this for both ends of both legs. I cut one at a time and set the legs up like they would be on the table to make sure that I got the directions right on the angles.




Danny took these pictures for me….I never realized my hair was this long. WHOA. I may or may not be a hippie…and I may or may not need more highlights…don’t judge…


Once the angles on the legs were cut, I fit everything together to make the top and bottom pieces. I lined them up on the remaining pieces of the 1×8 board and marked where I needed to cut for the top and the bottom piece, and cut it. Then, I nailed it on with the nail gun.



Once the bottom was nailed on, I flipped it over and marked where to cut for the top piece and cut it and nailed it on the same way, making sure to line everything up well.



Then, I stained it, and brought it inside! I know you can see marks where I sanded against the grain…I know this is against the “rules” of woodworking. My miter saw blade is dull and I haven’t gotten a new one yet, so I have to sand off the rough spots after each cut and I thought I sanded off all the scratches, but apparently I did not. Amateur mistake. That’s me….an amateur…


But, seriously, isn’t it adorable!?! Please ignore the dust bunnies…I’ve been busy in the shop and haven’t vacuumed in….let’s not discuss details.



Hope you enjoyed the making of this twisty table as much as I did Trust me, you couldn’t have…I had so much fun making this!


Now, get to building! Oh and if you have any more ideas for another one board challenge project, I would love to hear it….I’m running out of creativity and I’d love to make one more project! Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook for lots more projects coming soon!


Don’t forget to pin for later!


This project from the #oneboardchallege was made with a single 1x8x8 board that cost about $6! You've got to try this!--Woodshop Diaries

NOTE: As with any tutorial and how to on the site, I am happy to provide you with the instructions for free in the post. I enjoy inspiring others to make their own furniture and crafts. However, since I receive no compensation for these “plans,” I ask that you please be respectful of the time that was put into making and writing these projects and instructions and please ask permission before using them to make and sell for profit.


Original article and pictures take http://www.woodshopdiaries.com/2015/10/05/twisty-table/ site


>

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий