среда, 29 ноября 2017 г.

Good gifts Miss Mustard Seed

good gifts - Miss Mustard Seed

mms-8420

Last week, I received several unexpected packages. One contained notecards with my name on them and a little blue bike with a basket


mms-8421
Just like the one I learned to ride on and recently sold at Lucketts…

mms-6935
Another was a grain sack with blue stripes and an “MM” monogram.

mms-8424

mms-8426

mms-8443
This custom sign with an excerpt of “my” verse on it…

mms-8438

mms-8432
And a local reader brought me this rusty metal doll bed that she fetched from the trash…

mms-8429

I sort of loved the fact that she declared she found something in the garbage that I would love. I mean, who tells someone they are giving them a gift that was picked out of the trash?


mms-8430

Well, a kindred spirit, that’s who. She was right that I loved it and we celebrated the fact that someone threw away such a treasure for her to find.


I happened to have a piece of a wooden drawer that fit almost perfectly in it.


mms-8431
I took a minute in the studio to put a few of the gifts together.

mms-8434

I love how individual items are just that…individual items. But, when you put them together, you see a style emerge. Such was the case with all of these gifts. Smaller pieces, curated by strangers, that came together in a way that was totally Marian.


And I’ve received a lot of other beautiful gifts over the years. Everything from cow paintings, candles, bath salts and t-shirts, to jewelry, cookies, books, ironstone, and even furniture!


I know every blogger says it, but I really do have the best readers. Not because you send

gifts, but because of the sentiment behind those gifts. A sentiment of encouragement and friendship that has made this blog a special place in cyberspace.


Thanks for being a part of it.


Original article and pictures take http://missmustardseed.com/2016/06/29429/ site


>

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий