среда, 22 ноября 2017 г.

Garlic and Rosemary Skillet Bread The Food Charlatan

Garlic and Rosemary Skillet Bread - The Food Charlatan

Garlic and Rosemary Skillet Bread from The Food Charlatan

Have you ever done a handstand? How bout a handstand when you’re 37 weeks pregnant? No? Well that’s because YOU’RE NOT INSANE.


Seriously, I can’t do a handstand on a regular day. Meaning a day when I’m not lugging around a 6 and 1/2 pound watermelon (or whatever fruit my baby is resembling these days). (I’m like “a melon strolling on two tendrils…” Sylvia Plath? Anyone?)


Garlic and Rosemary Skillet Bread from The Food Charlatan

The doctor said my baby is oblique. That means she’s not completely head down, she’s diagonal. I told my sister about it. She said that she had a baby that was breech, so she did a handstand in the pool, and baby flipped around. So just do a handstand Karen. Easy. No problem. So what if I don’t have access to a pool? Eric can help me, right? We got this.


Garlic and Rosemary Skillet Bread from The Food Charlatan

Oh, past-Karen. You silly thing. Note to future Karen: don’t do a handstand, EVER, under any circumstances. I should have known that it would be a failure judging by the fact that I can’t even stand up without losing my balance these days.


I have another appointment with the doctor tomorrow, and last week she said if the baby hasn’t turned they will try to turn her manually, which can send you into labor. Wish me luck??


Garlic and Rosemary Skillet Bread from The Food Charlatan

In preparation for potentially painful baby-turning business, I’m scarfing bread. Garlic and Rosemary Skillet Bread, actually. My last meal of preference, I think. (“except for a nice MLT – mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe [smacks his lips]. They’re so perky, I love that.” (Miracle Max? Anyone? Okay sorry I’ll stop with the obscure quotes.)


Garlic and Rosemary Skillet Bread from The Food Charlatan

Garlic and Rosemary Skillet Bread from The Food Charlatan

Garlic and Rosemary Skillet Bread from The Food Charlatan

Today’s recipe is from my best friend Sarah’s mom, Anne. (Hi Anne!) The first time I tried it was when Sarah and her husband made it for me when we were camping. Yes, CAMPING, like, in the wilderness. I like good food as much as the next person, but camping is one instance where I let flavor fly out the window in favor of convenience. (Read: we pudding cup.) But not Sarah and Brian. They knead dough in the wilderness. And then heat fiery coals and put them all over their Dutch oven to bring me this rich olive oily goodness:


Garlic and Rosemary Skillet Bread from The Food Charlatan

Can you

see the crispity crunchy bottom? Have you ever had pan pizza from Pizza Hut? (If you haven’t, how?? why??) But this is kind of how that crust is. They bake those puppies in straight up oil pretty much. And that’s what you do with this bread. A full tablespoon of olive oil goes in the pan before you add the dough. It may look excessive; do it anyway. It’s kind of like these biscuits that are baked in a pan of melted butter. Oh yeah.


This bread would be perfect for Thanksgiving! I know it seems like a ways off but it’s really only a few weeks away. Crazy right??


More recipes you will love!


Restaurant Style Olive Oil and Balsamic Bread Dip << you could dip your Skillet Bread in this. OH MAN.


Restaurant-Style Olive Oil and Balsamic Bread Dip from The Food Charlatan

Fast Focaccia Bread << this is such an old recipe but I still use it all the time! Cheese ftw!


Focaccia Bread {Fast} from TheFoodCharlatan.com

Aunt Shirley’s Famous Dinner Rolls << the best dinner rolls guys. THE BEST.


Aunt Shirley's Famous Dinner Rolls from The Food Charlatan

Buttery Sweet Potato Rolls << this would be another good one to make for Thanksgiving!


Buttery Sweet Potato Rolls from The Food Charlatan

Other skillet breads from friends you might like!


One Hour Skillet Garlic Parmesan Focaccia from The Comfort of Cooking

No-Knead Skillet Bread from The Cooking Actress

Parmesan Ranch Skillet Bread from Crunchy Creamy Sweet


Original article and pictures take http://thefoodcharlatan.com/2016/10/18/garlic-and-rosemary-skillet-bread-recipe/ site


>

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий