среда, 27 сентября 2017 г.

DIY Wood Box Centerpiece

DIY Wood Box Centerpiece

DIY Wood Box Centerpiece

It’s true, I’ll admit it. Wood box addict – right here!


I needed a Fall centerpiece and I wanted to include beautiful pumpkins and gourds, but I also have three small children, so I wanted to come up with a centerpiece that would make it a little less tempting to constantly be playing with our favorite varieties of Fall squash! This wood box was the perfect solution! I created it large enough to fit small pumpkins and decorative gourds and best part is, I can use it year round filling it with different seasonal items or food.


This wood box centerpiece is a piece of cake to make!


Tools needed:


  • Circular saw
  • Drill
  • Hardware for handles
  • Kreg Jig (optional, but sure makes this project come together so easily!)
  • Paint/Stain
  • Sand paper
  • Wood
  • Wood glueWood screws

Cut list:


  • 5 -1/4″ x 8-7/8″ (two)
  • 5-1/2″ x 18″ (two)

7-1/2″ x 18″ (one)


Let’s get started!


Step 1: CUT & PREP YOUR WOOD


CUT & PREP YOUR WOOD

ASSEMBLE

Wood Box Centerpiece 3.jpg

Wood Box Centerpiece 4.jpg

Using wood glue and screws, piece your box together.


I assembled the bottom piece approximately 1/2″ into the box. You can increase this measurement to give the impression that the box is more full because the bottom is actually raised.


Step 3: STAIN/PAINT


STAIN/PAINT

Wood Box Centerpiece 6.jpg

Wood Box Centerpiece 9.jpg

After assembly, I sanded and stained using Rustoleum Kona.


I love the look of stained wood, and it is sometimes painful for me to paint over it, but I wanted something really light and neutral so I used Folk Art Chalk Paint in Sheepskin to lighten things up.


Once dry, I sanded it again to antique it a bit, and then sealed it with Rustoleum Flat Matte Clear Poly Spray.


ADD HARDWARE

Wood Box Centerpiece 8.jpg

Last

step was to add the hardware, and fill it up with beautiful little pumpkins or really anything else!


I purchased the little star knobs at Hobby Lobby.


Stop by our blog for more pictures and other fun projects!


Happy Fall y"all!


Miranda


Original article and pictures take http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Wood-Box-Centerpiece/ site


">

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий