воскресенье, 17 сентября 2017 г.

DIY Turned Leg Buffet Table

DIY Turned Leg Buffet Table



Hey there!!! I am so excited to show you what I have been working on. It is GORGEOUS!!!


DIY-Turned-Leg-Console

Meet the newest addition to my dining room – a DIY Turned Leg Buffet Table! I’m in LOVE! This is a 6 foot buffet table with a TON of storage space and although

it is large, it was a very easy build! I got the legs from Osborne Wood Products and they are definitely the focal point of this piece! You can purchase the legs HERE (I used 4 knotty pine).


Total cost for this piece was about $350 – not bad for a 6 foot buffet table! I did have some scrap left over that I will be able to use on future projects too!


As always, we have the FREE Printable Plans and a step-by-step tutorial for you! Click HERE or the image below to print the plans.


Free-Plans-Turned-Leg-Buffet

A special thanks to our friend Jay from Jay’s Custom Creations for creating the plans! Check his site out for more awesome plans!


I started by gluing the 2 legs together with Gorilla Wood Glue. You can purchase the legs HERE!


connect-legs

While the glue was drying, I attached the back panel to the back legs. I used Purebond Plywood, in birch, for this project!


back-assembled
Next, I used my Ryobi 18V Jig saw to cut notches in the shelves. (I purchased another sheet of 3/4″ Purebond for the shelves but you can also use a project panel if they have one at your hardware store).

ryobi-jigsaw

shelves
Once I cut the notches, I used my Airstrike Nailer and wood glue to attach the 1×2 trim.

attach-shelves-to-legs
Next, I attached the bottom shelf to the legs and then the top shelf.

drill-pocket-holes

I used my Kreg R3 to drill pocket holes on the back of the shelves. The R3 is a great option for your first Kreg Jig tool. I still use mine on large pieces like this!


drawer-slide-frame
Here is the frame for the drawers.

attach-drawer-frame-to-legs
And, here it is attached to the top of the legs.

easy-drawer-slides
I assembled the 4 drawer slides

drawer-slides
And the sides with pocket holes and wood glue. This is seriously the easiest way to make drawers – EVER

attach-drawer-slides
Here is a picture of the drawer slides attached to the drawer frame.

view-from-front
This is a shot of the front of the buffet, so far.

measure-for-drawers
Next, I measured the width of my drawer slides

build-drawers

And built the drawers to fit my measurements. I like to use my Kreg right angle clamp to hold pieces while I attach them!


attach-face-frames
I used my Airstrike Nailer and wood glue to attach the face to the drawers – measure and cut to fit here, as well!

sand-drawers

The final step on the drawers is to sand them down so that they slide easily. I used my Ryobi Corner Cat with 50-grit to sand the edges.


install-drawers
Perfect fit

attach-top-planks
I attached the top planks and it’s ready for a finish!

paint
I gave it two coats of Sherwin Williams Anonymous and let it dry

DIY-Buffet-Table

Buffet-Table-DIY

That was it!!!!


save-on-crafts

I added a few goodies from Save On Crafts! This is a great online store with so many inexpensive and cute accessories! I ordered this Tiered Serving Tray, the Glass Bottles and the cute Dried Artichokes and they arrived at my house in about a week!


Turned-Leg-DIY-Console

I am really LOVING how my dining room is shaping up! I DIY’ed EVERYTHING in this room so far (minus the Chandelier and the Rug)! Here is a list with links to everything you see in the room!


Thanks so much for stopping by!!!!


~Ashley


Original article and pictures take http://www.shanty-2-chic.com/2014/10/diy-turned-leg-buffet-table.html site


>

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий