среда, 24 мая 2017 г.

Building Sturdy Tomato Cages

Building Sturdy Tomato Cages

Building sturdy tomato cages

One of the dilemmas many gardeners face is how to properly support their

tomato plants. In the early spring, tomato plants are small and don’t need any support. But soon they will grow into huge plants that will flop over at the first hint of wind or a heavy rain. Those flimsy wire tomato cages are no match for the weight of a full grown tomato plant.


Flimsy Wire Tomato Cages
Flimsy Wire Tomato Cages

Over the years, I have tried different sizes and weights of these wire tomato cages – all of them have collapsed under the weight of my full grown tomato plants. I always found myself adding extra stakes around the pathetic wire tomato cages to keep the tomato plants from laying on the ground. What a pain! It was a constant battle through the summer.


Sturdy Tomato Cages In The Garden
Sturdy Tomato Cages In The Garden

Well no more of that nonsense. I have found the perfect solution to those flimsy wire tomato cages – check out these super sturdy tomato cages. These are by far the sturdiest tomato cages I’ve ever seen or used, and you will love them too!


Sturdy Tomato Cages Stained Orange
Sturdy Tomato Cages Stained Orange

My favorite tomato varieties to grow are Super Sweet Cherry, Beefsteak, Cherokee Purple and Brandywine. I haven’t had a tomato plant yet that’s been too large for these sturdy tomato cages to support. Come wind, come rain, come hail (well…no hail please!), my tomato plants aren’t going anywhere.


Original article and pictures take http://getbusygardening.com/sturdy-tomato-cages/ site


>

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий