пятница, 24 августа 2018 г.

The BEST Formula for Warm Gray Stain Ella Claire

The BEST Formula for Warm Gray Stain - Ella Claire

Get the perfect warm gray by mixing these two stains! {Tutorial}

When I refinished my thrifted patio furniture for The Home Depot Patio Style Challenge, I decided that my table needed an entirely new top… partially because my dog chewed up the edge of the old top {good thing I love him :)}… partially because

I wanted it to have the look of a chunky farmhouse table. I was inspired by Jen’s tutorial here when she refinished her fabulous porch table.



It took a lot of elbow grease to refinish the rest of the set, but adding the top was probably the easiest part. You can see the entire tutorial for refinishing wood patio furniture over on The Apron Blog here.


I had a lot of brown tones going on outside, so I wanted to throw a pretty warm gray into the mix to add richness and dimension. I used regular old cheap 2×6’s, so they already had a reddish hue which was a little hard to tone down. Using the Pre-stain {which I highly recommend… I will be sharing a comparison with and without using it soon}, I prepped the wood. You can see the full tutorial here.



I wasn’t getting the look I wanted from regular gray stains, so I created a little mix… and I LOVED it! The two stains mixed so well together to create a really rich, pretty color.



I love how it is a pretty, warm gray that almost looks like weathered wood.


Get the perfect warm gray by mixing these two stains! {Tutorial}

So here is the formula for you. I didn’t measure exactly; I just eyeballed it. It is best to practice on scrap pieces of wood to make sure you are happy with the color before staining your furniture. If you want the gray to be warmer, add a little more of the brown until you get the color you are looking for.


Warm Weathered Gray Stain Formula:


80% Classic Gray from Minwax


20% Jacobean from Minwax


Lightly mix stains together in a disposable container {or a fancy gas station cup like mine}





So, what do you think? Do you like a weathered gray stain?


Get the perfect warm gray by mixing these two stains! {Tutorial}

I am so happy with it. It has been so nice to have a comfortable space to hang our while our kitchen has been under construction. I will be sharing A LOT of updates on our fun kitchen reno this week! You won’t believe the difference between the before and after pictures!


Original article and pictures take http://www.ellaclaireinspired.com/the-best-formula-for-warm-gray-stain/ site


>

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий