воскресенье, 15 июля 2018 г.

She Shed Reveal Ella Claire

She Shed Reveal - Ella Claire

She Shed Ella Claire | cozy cottage retreat

Oh my goodness, I am SO excited to share this post with you today!


IMG_2731 copy

She Shed Ella Claire | cozy cottage retreat

Have you heard the term “She Shed” before? It is something that seems to be trending lately. I know I have been pinning them (and dreaming about one) for a couple years now. I think they are so adorable. If you do a Pinterest search, you will see a bunch of inspiration. It is basically a little outdoor retreat… like a man cave but for us girls, a girl cave I guess! I have noticed a bunch of different kinds of SheSheds, from little cozy living spaces, to offices, to craft rooms and art studios… all in quaintly transformed little sheds.


She Shed Ella Claire | cozy cottage retreat

She Shed Ella Claire | cozy cottage retreat

We have worked SO hard to makeover our beautiful TuffShed (I shared about the installation and shed details HERE) and it has been such a fun, dream project! A couple days ago, my She Shed reveal went up on The Home Depot’s blog HERE. I was so thrilled to partner with The Home Depot on this project! It was lots of hard work and DIY projects, but overall so much fun. I am so thankful for a hubby who is so committed to always bringing my dreams to life.


flower boxes | She Shed

She Shed Ella Claire | deck from a cozy cottage retreat

My sister Devan, Devan Rae Photography, and I had a lot of fun photographing the shed. I actually have a broken hand and she came to my rescue!


To give you an idea of what we were working with, here is a before and after shot of the exterior:


Amazing makeover! DIY She Shed Exterior

We planted a bunch of flowers, shrubs, and a tree. We also built a DIY deck to act as a nice transition from the planters to the shed.


She Shed Ella Claire | cozy cottage retreat

And here is the inside!


She Shed Ella Claire | cozy cottage retreat

You can see how different the before and after look:


So many fun DIY projects packed into this cozy cottage She Shed!

I have a BUNCH of tutorials and details coming up on the blog, so stay tuned! I will also be answering all of the questions I have been getting in another post.


She Shed Ella Claire | cozy cottage retreat

Being a small space, I really wanted every corner to have special elements that were very “me” or “my style.” I had to edit my thoughts down quite a bit to really make the space charming and peaceful without being overwhelming! We started by installing beadboard on the walls, staining the beams, and adding planks to the ceiling. I used a bright white in the space to make everything light and airy. Tutorials, and before and afters, to come! (To read all about our woodwork, stain and paint colors, click HERE)


She Shed Ella Claire | pillows, sectional

I went with a soft, fairly muted color scheme, with mainly accents of serene dusty blues.


She Shed Ella Claire | Adorable botanical accent

She Shed Ella Claire | pillows

She Shed Ella Claire | accents

The sectional and striped pillows are from Home Decorators Collection and are so comfy. I love just snuggling up out here.


She Shed Ella Claire | cozy cottage retreat

She Shed Ella Claire | Suitcases and sign

I wanted the room to still have a garden feel, so I added little touches in the sign, bottles, and botanical prints. I will be sharing all of the details on this sign(with a free printable pattern for the sign) and bulletin board in the next week or so.


She Shed Ella Claire | bottles

She Shed Ella Claire | suitcases and sign

She Shed Ella Claire | cozy cottage retreat

One of my very favorite projects was my little bookshelf in the gable. When I found out that I would be doing this project, it was one of the very first things that I knew I wanted to do in the space. I thought it was a perfect use for an otherwise unusable space. There isn’t electricity out here, so the vintage chandelier isn’t functional… just for being pretty. You should see the “before” on this chandy before I fixed it up! I will show you in another post, so stay tuned.


She Shed Ella Claire | chandelier

She Shed Ella Claire | books


She Shed Ella Claire | cozy corner

I stole the antique dresser from my mom (thanks mom!) and added a few of my favorite antiques to dress it up… with a bunch of limelight hydrangeas. I LOVE when the limelights start to bloom!


She Shed Ella Claire | vignette

She Shed Ella Claire | books

I also stole the curtains from my mom. I love how soft and feminine they make everything! I LOVE this view now!


She Shed Ella Claire | beautiful view

The little caned side chair is another one of my thrifted makeovers, and you will laugh pretty hard when you see how gross the “before” is!


She Shed Ella Claire | accents

I have so much more to tell you about this whole space, and I will be sharing even more details and tutorials, so stay tuned!


You can see my other posts on this She Shed here:


I have so many other posts and tutorials from my She

Shed to share, so stay tuned!


She Shed Ella Claire | suitcases and sign

If anyone needs me, I will be out in my shed ;).


You can see more of my She Shed posts and tutorials here:


She Shed Ella Claire | cozy cottage retreat

I acknowledge that The Home Depot is partnering with me to participate in this shed program. As a part of the Program, I am receiving compensation in the form of products and services, for the purpose of promoting The Home Depot. All expressed opinions and experiences are in my own words. My post complies with the Word of Mouth Marketing Association (WOMMA) Ethics Code and applicable Federal Trade Commission.


Original article and pictures take http://www.ellaclaireinspired.com/she-shed-reveal/ site


>

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий