вторник, 10 июля 2018 г.

Seesaw From Scrap Wood

DIY Ana White Teeter Totter/ Seesaw From Scrap Wood

IMG_1556

In the summer of 2012 I was looking for a fun weekend project for my son and I to do together. I had recently found a website that had FREE woodworking plans by Ana White. I LOVE everything she builds!! My son picked the Birthday SeeSaw Plan.


The supplies I needed were:


2 – 2×4 @ 8 feet long (I used pressure treated so it would last longer outside)


2 – 2×6 @ 8 feet long (I used scrap wood I had for these)


1 – 10” 5/8” bolt with nut and four washers (I found these at Rural King, they

sell them by the pound)


1 – 1×8 @ 3 feet long for the seat (I used scrap wood again)


1 – 24” 1” dowel or closet rod (I used a PVC pipe scrap I had)


3″ Wood Screws (also bought at Rural King)


Foam for the seats (I bought a piece of 14″ x 18″ foam at Wal-Mart and cut it in half)


Outdoor Fabric for seats (I had some scraps from some cushions I had made)


My total costs for this project were less than $15 because I had most of the materials.


Once all the pieces were cut the building went pretty smoothly. We finished it all in 1 day. I probably could have worked quicker but someone very little and unexperienced wanted to do all the drilling and screwing The directions were very easy to follow and I would recommend checking out the other plans Ana White has available too, when you are done with this project.


IMG_1557

The weather was beautiful that day.


IMG_0701

She did NOT lose her teeth riding the Seesaw


IMG_1552

This is the cheapest and most used outdoor toy I have ever made for my kids. I built it almost 3 years ago and they still play with it.


IMG_1583

We even had my neighbors help me test its strength and weight limit. My husband would kill me if he knew I posted this picture, hehe. I think the whole neighborhood has road on the seesaw…not always at once


Built with


Sherrana


Needles & Nails


Original article and pictures take https://needlesandnailsblog.wordpress.com/2015/02/28/diy-ana-white-teeter-totter-seesaw-from-scrap-wood/ site


>

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий