пятница, 20 апреля 2018 г.

Mason Jar Centerpieces Shanty 2 Chic

Mason Jar Centerpieces - Shanty 2 Chic



Hey guys! I built a super fun and functional vintage-looking soda crate this week. I got my inspiration from Ana’s! I modified mine quite a bit and I just LOVE it!


mason jar craft ideas
Here’s how I made it for $12!

mason jar centerpiece
I purchased 1 1×6 @ 8ft. and cut it down. You can use a hand saw for this!

4 @ 11″


3 @ 9.5″


2 @ 4.25″ (cut these after you build the crate for a snug fit)


finishing nails
I joined one 9.5″ piece, with the two 9.5″ pieces, together with Gorilla Glue Wood Glue and my battery nailer. If you do not have a battery nailer, a hammer and finishing nails will be awesome!

diy centerpiece
Then, I added two 11″ pieces on each end and followed with glue and nails.

wood crate
I flipped it over and attached the last two 11″ pieces to form the bottom of the crate.

dividers

After measuring for the dividers, I pushed them down inside to form 4 cubbies. These will need to be snug so measure before you cut!


hobby lobby
For a fun handle, I purchased a bag of little candle sticks and a glass knob from Hobby Lobby (knobs are always 1/2 off now
~ WHOOP!)

unfinished wood
I then drilled a hole in the center of the candlestick (just large enough to squeeze the knob screw in)

Epoxy on candle stick

attaching the knob to candle stick
A little Gorilla Glue epoxy on both ends, I attached the knob at the open end of the candle stick and attached the base of the candle stick to the center of the crate.

I filled the cubbies with 32 oz. wide mouth mason jars and had a little fun:)


mason jar centerpieces for weddings
What a fun way to shanty up silver ware for a cook-out!

Or a fun centerpiece full of fresh flowers!


diy jars

mason jar craft ideas

mason jar craft

Want to know how I finished it? Check out my tutorial on how to weather wood!


Thanks so much!


~Ashley


Original article and pictures take http://www.shanty-2-chic.com/2012/07/mason-jar-centerpieces.html site


>

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий