четверг, 22 июня 2017 г.

Creating a Garden Work Space Homeology Modern Vintage

Creating a Garden Work Space - Homeology Modern Vintage

spring flowers on a potting bench | {Home-ology} modern vintage

With another growing season here, I’m determined to finally create space for a potting bench – a space that holds all my gardening essentials in one easy to access location. On a large property, it becomes a chore when your tools are at the back of the property while your fertilizer is at the front. So I’m placing this garden work space in a central location.


making room for a potting bench in the garage | {Home-ology} modern vintage
Our garage.

Creating a space for a potting bench really doesn’t require a lot of real estate or an expensive piece of furniture, just a good location and a functional table that can withstand heavy use. So I eked out a spot in one of the corners of the garage (after a major spring clean) where I’ll have easy access to all the things I’ll need in a season.


After clearing out the space, I ended up with this:


a potting bench from an antique door | {Home-ology} modern vintage

For my garden bench, hub’s created the perfect piece using galvanized piping and an antique door. It’s beautifully rustic, and the table is the perfect height to work giving me plenty of space to spread out.


I’m also using an old industrial bread rack picked up at a thrift store as additional storage. It’s great for starting seeds and storing all my essentials.


a beautiful antique door makes the perfect potting bench | {Home-ology} modern vintage
I love the little details on this table left behind from its earlier days as a door.

An antique door turns into a potting bench | {Home-ology} modern vintage
But mostly I just love its rustic look.

a potting bench - |{Home-ology} modern vintage
Using an antique door is ideal for a work table. Old wood is extremely dense and durable; and after a couple of coats of poly, it will withstand years of use.

potting bench | {Home-ology} modern vintage

And

an old hayloft ladder is ideal as a drying rack.


Making a garden work space | {Home-ology} modern vintage

Placing a potting bench in the garage was not my original plan. I was actually planning for a garden shed. But when I came to realize there wasn’t an ideal site, the garage became the perfect option. And in the end it was the better choice in so many ways. With an extra refrigerator nearby for storing fresh flowers and seeds, I can work on arrangements while also having easy access to electricity. And being near the kitchen, I also have accessibility to water and quick clean up.


Original article and pictures take http://www.homeologymodernvintage.com/creating-a-garden-work-space/ site


>

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий