среда, 28 марта 2018 г.

Lemon Thyme Layer Cake

Lemon Thyme Layer Cake

Lemon thyme cake with lemon curd buttercream and thyme syrup.

Perhaps one day my well of cake ideas will run dry, but thankfully that day is not today. Being able to incorporate seasonal ingredients and savoury herbs into sweet treats keeps the creativity following, and today I am happily sharing this Lemon Thyme Cake.


I am not a rookie when it comes to incorporating more savoury elements into my cakes, however I think I"ve only scratched the surface when it comes to herbaceous sweets. My go-to is to infuse herbs into a simple syrup that gets generously brushed onto each cake layer. This time, I took a step further and added freshly chopped thyme straight into the cake batter.


Lemon thyme layer cake with lemon curd buttercream and thyme syrup.

Lemon thyme cake with lemon curd buttercream and thyme syrup

Lemon thyme cake with lemon curd buttercream and thyme syrup.

Adding the fresh thyme into the cake batter really helped the flavor shine through all of the butter and sugar. But if I am being honest, I think the real star is the lemon curd buttercream. Now, I"ve made lemon curd and I"ve made buttercream plenty of times, but the product of combining the two together proved to be otherworldly. Sometimes straight lemon curd can be a bit tricky as a cake filling, so I opted to mix it with my trusted Swiss meringue buttercream. Swiss meringue buttercream is fairly mild in flavor, making it the perfect base for other flavorings. But seriously, lemon curd buttercream - you guys, it"s like heaven! Light and lemony - not too tart, not too sweet. But just for funsies, I took a couple teaspoons of leftover curd and swirled it over the buttercream just before topping it the next layer of thyme-soaked lemon cake. Now how good does that sound?!?!


Lemon thyme cake with lemon curd buttercream and thyme syrup.

Lemon thyme cake with lemon curd buttercream and thyme syrup.

I am excited to talk about West Elm today, not only because of this spectacular cake (it really is that tasty), but because I"ve just schedule my first book launch party at my local West End Market here in Vancouver! On

May 14th, I"ll be in the store with plenty of copies of "Layered,"some sample recipes from the book to share, and may even be demonstrating some of the decorating techniques and how to ice a cake! So if you are in the area, mark you calendars and be sure to stop by! I"ll even sign your copy, hehe. More details to come, so be on the look out if you are interested!


Original article and pictures take http://www.stylesweetca.com/blog/2016/4/12/lemon-thyme-layer-cake site


">

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий