пятница, 15 июня 2018 г.

Pottery Barn Inspired DIY Dresser Shanty 2 Chic

Pottery Barn Inspired DIY Dresser - Shanty 2 Chic



Hey friends! I am SO excited to share my latest build! This next one has been a long time coming. This has been where my son’s tv has been resting for the last few months…


I know… Pretty shanty, right??

I have been avoiding tackling a dresser for sometime, because I thought it might be too hard. Well I am happy to report that it did not kill me, and it really wasn’t too difficult at all! The best part?? His tv and clothes now have a new home! Here it is! Ana gave me a great set of

easy plans to follow and you can see them HERE!


DIY Pottery Barn Dresser

I will say that the Kreg Jig® is a MUST for this build. If you need another excuse to finally go and buy one, just check our last 10-15 furniture projects. You need one… I promise!


I will show you a few tips here, and you can get the full set of plans for my Pottery Barn Inspired Dresser HERE on Ana White’s site!


I used my Kreg Jig® on lots of parts!


The sides…


Kreg Jig Pocket Holes

pocket hole jig
The base…

pocket holes in base
The base looks like this after it is attached…

This is a picture of the top before I attached it to the dresser.

Kreg Jig

I used Gorilla Wood Glue on ALL of my joints! LOVE! It never fails, and it is our very favorite glue!



For this piece I was finally able to try out some PureBond Hardwood Plywood. I have heard lots about it, and it certainly lived up to it’s hype for me! I used 3/4″ birch from Home Depot and had the nice man at Home Depot cut it into 15 3/4″ strips as Ana calls for in the plans. This saved me lots of time, and made it much easier to carry home!


I will be sharing later a more specific tutorial on working with metal drawer slides, but Ash gives a few tips HERE on her Pottery Barn inspired coffee table!


Here it is all finished up and ready for a good coat of stain!


DIY Wood Dresser

I used the same stain on this piece that I used on the other pieces I made for his room. This stain is the BOMB. It dries in less than an hour, and only requires 1 coat. As a mommy with lots to do, this makes me super happy!


Rust-Oleum Wood Stain
Rust-Oleum Ultimate Wood Stain in Dark Walnut

For my hardware I matched what I used previously. These sash pulls can be found at Lowe’s for cheapo!




My hubby helped me move it into his room and I took a few more pictures for you guys!






Hope you LOVE it! I do! Sure beats the old clothes basket… just sayin!


I would love for you to share this and Pin it below!


You can also check out the other pieces I have made for his room!


DIY Nightstand
DIY Restoration Hardware Nightstand

DIY Bookcase
Restoration Hardware Bookcase

DIY Platform Bed
Pottery Barn Bed

DIY Wood Shelves
Pottery Barn Shelves

Thanks so much for stopping by guys! Make sure to check Ana’s site for the full set of plans on this great DIY dresser!


~Whitney


Original article and pictures take http://www.shanty-2-chic.com/2012/06/pottery-barn-inspired-diy-dresser.html site


>

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий