воскресенье, 30 июля 2017 г.

DIY Double Barn Door Plans

DIY Double Barn Door Plans

free-plans-for-a-double-barn-door

If you are familiar with using a for pockethole joinery you will find this project super easy!


double barn door plans
double barn door plans

making-a-barn-door

I recommend sanding each of your cut pieces first before you begin the building process. Since the back boards are tongue and groove it makes it more difficult to sand after you build it. The door track I purchased was

Barn Door Track Tips: * You will need two of the tracks for a double door. * You will use one of the stoppers to connect the two tracks together. * Do not screw too deep into your drywall. Not that I am speaking from experience. DOH! * Also keep in mind this track doesn’t have holes perfectly 16” apart like most American builds are. That was fine with me since I added a header during the remodel but that is something to think about BEFORE you begin your project. Added Header During Remodel


header
black utility pulls from D. Lawless hardware


I ended up with these simple $1.66 . They are cheap and I didn’t want to do fancy pulls and take away from the doors themselves. I installed those last. Wood, grain, dark walnut stain and those pulls?!?! YUMMY!


barn-door-hardware

I can’t tell you how excited I am for this project. I literally smile every time I walk past them or slide them open to do laundry. I am absolutely love how they turned out and the way they changed my hallway upstairs.


barn-doors-sliding-track

sliding-barn-doors (2)
sliding-barn-doors (2)

sliding-reclaimed-doors

And in case you are wondering…this is what it looks like from the inside. I never close myself inside since the room isn’t very big but here is what they look like.


sliding-wood-doors-reclaimed

And with that my laundry room is done. I will show a final reveal soon with all the added extras. I can’t tell you how excited I am to be doing laundry on the third floor. It is soooo much nicer than hauling it down two flights of stairs into the basement. While this project and the bathroom makeover took 5 months and several thousand dollars to complete it was worth it.


Original article and pictures take https://www.infarrantlycreative.net/diy-double-barn-door-plans/ site


">

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий