понедельник, 10 июля 2017 г.

DIY Barn Door Under $10 in 30 Minutes Gathered In The Kitchen

DIY Barn Door Under $10 in 30 Minutes - Gathered In The Kitchen

diy barn door 1

I absolutely love the way it turned out and I love even more that it was so so so simple to make! Literally anyone can make this door!


I went to Lowes and purchased furring strips. They come in different widths so you can choose based on your preference. I purchased a total of 5 furring strips.


diy barn door 15

I had Lowes cut them in half for me so it was one less thing I had to do at home. Unfortunately my wood wasn’t cut “exactly” in half so I did have to trim

my door once it was assembled so the boards were all even.


diy barn door 12

Then my cute little helper and I headed home to get building!


diy barn door 11

I began by laying out 6 boards all next to each other – wide boards on the ends and thinner boards in the middle. I then laid one board vertical across the top 6″ down and one board vertical across the bottom 6″ up. I marked on the vertical boards where they would need to be cut and then cut it with a hand held battery operated circular saw. (I used my $12 DIY Planter Boxes as saw horses, haha!)


diy barn door 10

Once the two boards were cut I laid them back in their positions of 6″ from top and bottom and used an air nailer to secure them to the horizontal boards that make up the door.


diy barn door 9

I then laid my last board across from the bottom of my top vertical board to the top of my bottom vertical board and marked with pencil the needed cut marks.


diy barn door 6

Once that board was cut I nailed it in place – this give the door additional support.


diy barn door 7

Then flip the door over and screw in D-Ring wall hooks – you can purchase these at Walmart in the hardware section for $0.98.


diy barn door 4

Technically at this point you are done! Unless you want to stain or paint your DIY Barn Door!


diy barn door 5

I chose to stain my door with Minwax Early American stain – the same color we just stained our hardwood floors!


diy barn door 3

I love the way it turned out!


diy barn door

I may eventually paint over it and give it a really nice shabby chic chippy paint look!


But for now I’m loving it with my DIY Muslin Rag Cloth Wreath!!


diy barn door 1

Check out these Easy & Low Cost Building Projects!


tam's hook board

$12 DIY Planter Box - spruce up your curb appeal with easy outdoor gardening planter boxes

diy shelf hook board

laundry room 3a

Coat Closet Shelves

DIY Pipe leg table

DIY Mason Jar Toothbrush Holder

hook shelf & beadboard

DIY Raised Garden Bed

Thanks so much for stopping by and I’d love for you to PIN this and like me on facebook!


Original article and pictures take http://gatheredinthekitchen.com/2016/09/02/diy-barn-door-under-10-in-30-minutes/ site


>

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий