пятница, 28 июля 2017 г.

DIY Dining Table ~ Triple Pedestal Farmhouse Shanty 2 Chic

DIY Dining Table ~ Triple Pedestal Farmhouse - Shanty 2 Chic



***I have completed the matching benches to this table and you can get the plans for the benches HERE!***


Happy Friday! Holy moly, I am so excited to share my latest build with you! I had to take a break from all the Christmas posts to share my new farmhouse table because I just couldn’t wait!


DIY Dining Table

I got the inspiration from a beautiful table that I saw while I was out shopping. There is no way I could have a $1,000 (plus shipping and tax) dining table in our home with 2 boys and a toddler So, as always, I enlisted the help of our very sweet and talented friend, Ana White! She nailed it and after her awesome plans and my elbow grease, I now have a ridiculously gorgeous, expensive-looking, grand dining table and it only cost me $125! I know, insane!


I have shared the steps I took and the tips I learned as I went. This was not challenging at all and it took me about 10 hours of work from cutting the wood to applying the finish!


Find Ana’s plans HERE!


Let’s start with the legs:


assembling legs
assembling legs

gorilla glue wood glue
gorilla glue wood glue

A little Gorilla Glue Wood Glue goes a long way!


Easy enough Now let’s build the bases:


I used my Kobalt sliding compound miter to make the mitered cuts.


compound miter
compound miter

how to miter cut
how to miter cut

Time to put these babies together!


measuring

Adding the decorative arcs:


how to cut with a jig saw
how to cut with a jig saw

attaching arcs
attaching arcs

I love my cordless 18-volt Ryobi jig saw. This step may seem intimidating but it is very simple! Just draw an arc on

each piece and follow with the jig saw. I use my Ryobi cordless sander to sand away any jagged cuts.


Now for the table top:


contructing table top
contructing table top

table top
table top

I constructed the entire table top with my Kreg Jig®, Gorilla Glue and my cordless Ryobi brad nailer.


On to the finish:


Rust-Oleum Early American
Rust-Oleum Early American

I picked my favorite, Rust-Oleum Early American stain, to stain this table. I applied one-coat with a bristle brush and wiped away after 5 minutes. Tip: because this table is so big, I worked small areas at a time…i.e. legs first, one side of table top, etc. I also stained the legs, runner and table top separately before attaching.


ROWC_Int_UltimatePoly_Gal_Gloss_L

I applied one-coat of Rust-oleum Ultimate Polyurethane (in Satin), with a bristle brush, to protect the finish.


***This table is 9 ft. and heavy (not a bad thing)! After the stain was dry, I brought the pieces in the house to assemble the table. I chose to attach the table top to the legs before pushing the runner through and this worked great for us. I also did not use wood glue to attach the table top to the legs (just wood screws) so that it can be disassembled and moved easily.***


That’s it!


DIY Farmhouse Table
DIY Farmhouse Table

dining table diy
dining table diy

build a dining table
build a dining table

dining table how to
dining table how to

how to make a table
how to make a table

diy wooden dining table
diy wooden dining table

DIY wooden table
DIY wooden table

pedestal style farmhouse table
pedestal style farmhouse table

diy farmhouse style table
diy farmhouse style table

diy farm table
diy farm table

long pinterest
Who would have thought 2×4’s and pine boards could be so fancy

Click HERE for the matching Bench Plans!


Thanks so much for stopping by!


~Ashley


I have added links to purchase items/tools I used in this post for your convenience!


Kreg Pocket Hole System


Ryobi Cordless Jig Saw


Kobalt Compound Sliding Miter Saw


Gorilla Glue Wood Glue


Original article and pictures take http://www.shanty-2-chic.com/2012/11/diy-dining-table-triple-pedestal-farmhouse.html site


>

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий