среда, 19 июля 2017 г.

DIY Bottle Opener Shanty 2 Chic

DIY Bottle Opener - Shanty 2 Chic



Hey guys! I have a quick and easy project for you, today, that would make a great Father’s Day gift and it’s easy enough that the kids could help!


how-to-make-a-bottle-opener

I was able to use my cedar fence plank scraps from my DIY Planters so my cost was only in the metal hardware and the bottle opener!


measurements

If you don’t have cedar fence plank scraps, you can purchase a 1x6x6 from Home Depot

for about $3. I cut 3 pieces at 4″, one piece at 6″ and one piece at 21″. A simple hand saw (link to purchase in the box below) will work great if you don’t have a saw!


attach-4-inch-pieces

Next, attach the 4″ pieces like this with wood glue and finishing nails. I used my Ryobi Airstrike Nailer but if you don’t have one, a hammer and finishing nails will work great!


attach-front
Using wood glue and finishing nails, attach the 6″ piece to the front of the 4″ pieces.

bottle-cap-holder-assembled

It will look like this now This is the box that will catch our bottle caps!


add-wood-glue
Add wood glue to the back of the bottle cap catcher

attach-bottle-cap-catcher
and attach it to the 21″ board with finishing nails (from the back of the 21″ board into the bottle cap catcher).

attach-bottle-opener
I purchased the same zinc bottle opener from Amazon (link to purchase below) that I used on my

DIY Cooler!


metal-hardware
To finish it off, I purchased these metal brackets from Home Depot for less than $1 each!

DIY-Bottle-Opener-Assembled
And attached them to the corners with small screws

That was it! If you would like to print these plans for FREE click HERE or the image below


Click-Here-for-Free-Plans-Bottle-Opener

DIY-Bottle-Opener
I attached it to the wall on our back patio! Make sure to follow instructions and use correct hardware depending on where you hang this at your house!

Cedar-Bottle-Opener
How fun is this!!!

You can make this in about 10 minutes for about $10!!! The hubs loves it


Thanks so much for stopping by! To see more of our DIY and budget-friendly projects you can click HERE!


~Ashley


Original article and pictures take http://www.shanty-2-chic.com/2014/06/diy-bottle-opener.html site


>

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий