среда, 5 июля 2017 г.

DIY $15 Outdoor Bench! Shanty 2 Chic

DIY $15 Outdoor Bench! - Shanty 2 Chic



Hey guys!


I have been taking advantage of our crazy weather here in Texas over the last couple weeks! Last week we hit 80 degrees, and within a couple days we were hit by an ice storm and my kids were kept out of school for 3 days… Bonkers. That’s Texas.


But, I did enjoy that 80 degrees! I was able to tackle a project I have been wanting to do for sometime.


I thought it would be fun to build a bench to sit right next to our trampoline. I love to sit out there and watch them, and it also gives them a place to sit while they are taking turns… Win, win. Plus, it only cost me $15 to build! Love it even more.


DIY Bench

This is one of my favorite benches. It’s a great plan by Miss Ana White! I think it’s perfect outdoors, or for any room in your house!


This was a very simple build. I used 2 – 2×4’s and 3 –

2×6’s to build the entire thing!


I also used my Kreg Jig® to assemble it. Here are a few tips on where I put my pocket holes.


This is the bottom inside of the legs….


And the top of the legs…

I also used the Kreg Jig® to plank the top of the bench before attaching it to the base.

This is the back of each of my diagonal pieces. I wasn’t worried about covering the pocket holes because I knew they would be facing the wall.

And my bottom piece was attached like this…

I used 1 1/4″ screws through the bottom into the planks to attach the top. I also used Gorilla Wood Glue for all of my joints.

After building it, I used one of my favorite paint methods to distress it. I started by staining the whole thing with Rustoleum Ultimate Wood Stain in Dark Walnut…

Rust-Oleum-Dark-Walnut

After letting that dry for an hour, I did my Vaseline technique. You can read about it here! My final coat is a new Pantone color called String. It’s a Valspar paint. I just painted it on, let it dry, and then distressed!


I finished everything with 2 coats of Rust-Oleum Spar Varnish since this guy will be sitting outside.


RustOleum-Spar-Varnish

I love it out by the trampoline. It’s so cute and did I mention it was $15?? Yah. That definitely fits my budget! Here are just a few more pics…


DIY Wood Bench

Thanks so much for stopping by! I would love for you to share my bench and PIN it below!


Thanks friends!


~Whitney


Original article and pictures take http://www.shanty-2-chic.com/2013/12/diy-15-outdoor-bench.html site


>

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий