воскресенье, 16 июля 2017 г.

DIY Benches for my Dining Table Shanty 2 Chic

DIY Benches for my Dining Table - Shanty 2 Chic



Hey guys!! I’m back to share the new benches that I built for my new dining table!


DIY-Bench
If you missed the Restoration Hardware Dining Table that I built for $110 you can see that

HERE!


The benches are just a small piece of the massive amount of furniture that I’m building for our new home but each room is starting to fill up They are very easy and I was able to build 2 for about $70 making my entire dining set about $180!!


As always, we have the FREE Printable Plans available for you HERE or you can click the image below


print plans button
And, of course, I’m sharing my how-to steps to help!

frame-and-top-of-bench
I started making the top of the benches first. This part is very easy!

assemble-bench-top

Bench tops – done Now time for the legs.


pocket-holes-in-legs

I cut the legs and drilled pocket holes in to them.


feet

Then, I cut the feet. Don’t let the angles scare you. If you haven’t cut angles, these are easy You just cut a 45 degree angle on half of each end.


small-angled-pieces

large-angled-pieces
Here are all of my little angle pieces that give the benches so much character!

leg-bases-assembled

I attached the legs to the feet with wood glue and Kreg pocket screws.


nail-angled-pieces

I attached the small angle pieces first with wood glue and my Ryobi Airstrike Nailer. If you don’t have a nailer, you can use finishing nails or drill pilot holes for wood screws.


attach-top-angled-pieces
Then, I flipped them upside down and attached the longer angle pieces the same way

attach-foot-pads
And added the foot pads with wood glue and my nailer.

attach-legs

After all of the legs were assembled, I attached them to the bottom of the bench tops with wood glue and pocket hole screws. I used my Ryobi Right Angle Drill to attach the braces to the frame.


assembled-bench
That’s it! Time to finish!

Varathane-Carrington-Wood-Stain-500x740

I stained both benches with one coat of Carrington stain to match my table. Rust-Oleum and Varathane are by far our favorite stains They are very rich in color and they dry in 1 hour! Perfect for busy (and impatient) moms … and dads


distress-table-edges
When the stain was dry, I used my favorite sander to distress the benches, all over.

poly
I wiped the dust with a wet cloth and applied 2 coats of polyurethane (paying special attention to the tops because my kiddos will be eating here).

diy-dining-table-benches

That was it One

reason we love DIY is because it frees up our budget to spend more on accessories! I found the rug at World Market for about $150 for a 6×9 (Charcoal Basket Weave Jute Rug) and I found those awesome wicker chairs at Pier 1 for $99 each


DIY-Dining-Table-and-Benches

Build-a-Dining-Table-How-to

Loving how my dining room is coming along! I still have several more projects planned for this room but I am going to step away and move to another room for now I’ll be back soon too share!


Thanks so much for stopping by!


~Ashley


Like anything else you see in this room? You can click the links below to get the info


Original article and pictures take http://www.shanty-2-chic.com/2014/06/diy-benches-for-my-dining-table.html site


>

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий